A celebration of cinema and the human experience
Close Up International Film Festival 2023
- The Rat/ Zhantemir Baimukhamedov/ 30 min/ fiction/ Kazakhstan/ 2022
- The Sprayer/ Farnoosh Abedi/ 9 min/ animation/ Iran/ 2022
- Datsun/ Mark Albiston/ 15 min/ fiction/ New Zealand/ 2021
- Khadiga/ Morad Mostafa/ 20 min/ Egypt/ 2021
- For Roy/ Vivian Cheung/ 12 min/ fiction/ Canada/ 2022
- The Legend of Kalinga/ Reza Moosaei & Hassan Saemi/ 30 min/ documentary/ Canada/ 2021
- Sierra/ Sander Joon/ 15 min/ animation/ Estonia/ 2022
- Warsha/ Dania Bdeir/ 15 min/ fiction/ rance/ 2021
- Tria/ Giulia Grandinetti/ 17 min/ fiction/ Italy/2022
- Red Fire/ Mona A.Shahi/ 11 min/ animation/ Iran/ 2021
- Branka/ Ákos K. Kovács/ 20 min/ fiction/ Hungary/ 2021
- The Garbage Man/ Laura Gonçalves/ 12 min/ animation/ Portugal/ 2022
- Rites/ Damián Vondrášek/ 15 min/ fiction/ Czech Republic/ 2022
- The Highway Margin/ Hossein Shoaiee/ 13 min/ fiction/ Iran/ 2022
- Techno Mama/ Saulius Baradinskas/ 18 min/ fiction/ Lithuania/ 2021
- Neighbour Abdi/ Douwe Dijkstra/ 30 min/ documentary/ Netherlands/ 2022
- A Winner/ Mehdi Mahaei/ 20 min/fiction/ Iran/ 2022
- Ice Merchants/ João Gonzalez/ 14 min/ animation/ Portugal/ 2022
- About Me/ Ali Asgari/ 15 min/ fiction/ Netherlands/ 2022
We aim to support film makers, including young filmmakers, independent filmmakers, indigenous filmmakers, and Iranian filmmakers. The festival also aims to provide a close-up view of recent, creative, quality films to the viewers in BC, Metro Vancouver, Canada and across the world.
Close-Up International Film Festival screens short experimental, documentary, fiction and animated films from Canada and around the world. Films made by international, Canadian, indigenous, and student filmmakers.
This edition of the festival is scheduled on April 28-29, 2023, with a focus on family, human rights, and woman-life-freedom motto.
Prizes of $4000 are awarded to best films picked by the jury. Filmmakers will be competing in four categories of International, Canadian, Indigenous, and Student short films.